Sunday, February 20, 2011

Try this: High-Rise Pancake

Here's something eggy and delicious that looks really fancy, but is a cinch to make. It will also impress guests at any breakfast table. It's called a German Pancake, but it's sort of like a popover. I got the recipe from a back issue of Gentleman's Quarterly and made it this morning to snack on as we drank coffee and read The Boston Globe in bed.

3 tablespoons butter
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Put the butter in a 9- or 10-inch pie plate or ovenproof skillet. Place in oven and remove once the butter is melted. 
  3. Mix the remaining ingredients together with a whisk and pour into the skillet. Immediately return to the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes till puffy and evenly browned on the outside. 
  4. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Slice (or pull apart) and serve.

3 comments:

  1. It looks easy enough and yummy...
    thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be honest, I'm still laughing (to myself) that GQ has recpies. What a bunch of sissy-marys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike,
    I always enjoy reading a good blog. I'm glad I found yours.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...