I've been trying for months to call in and play the game, but I always get a busy signal. But today was my lucky day - on my first dial, the phone started ringing. It rang about 20 times before Karson picked up and asked if I wanted to try and beat Kennedy. "Game on!" I said. Karson put me on hold for a few minutes, and I took the opportunity to get off the expressway and find a side street in Quincy where I could park my car. Safety first, doncha know? And before I knew it, I was on the air! Here are the questions I had to answer:
- He’s the lead singer of a rock band and a new judge on “American Idol.” Who is he?
- CEO Steve Jobs a medical leave of absence from the company he helped launch. Name the company.
- True or False: Shaq was teammates with Lebron James on the Cleveland Cavilers last season.
- Gwyneth Paltrow hosted “SNL” over the weekend. He daughter has a famously odd name. What is it?
- What super successful young rapper & actor was shot and killed in Las Vegas in 1996?
In case you didn't listen all the way through, I got all five questions right (a TOTAL guess on #3). And then Kennedy came in and ALSO got all five right, so it wasn't a win. But because I scored a 100%, they decided to give me the $100 anyway! Isn't that great? So after months and months of wanting to play "Can't Beat Kennedy", I finally got my chance and ended up with $100 in my pocket. Pretty sweet way to start the day. Thanks, Karson and Kennedy!