Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Meet my Mom

They say the family that plays together, stays together. So here we (me and Otis) were with my Mom at a park in Manchester, NY, last week. We had just finished playing fetch with Otis when we took a few minutes to rest at the nearby playground. I couldn't convince Mom to actually go down the blue plastic slide, but she was willing to pose for a photo at the bottom.

Too bad she didn't see that puddle of water at the bottom of the slide until she had already been seated. But she's a good sport and didn't complain (much). This photo is typical -- big smile and loving life. She's one of those folks who are up for anything -- you name it, she's game. 

"Come out to Boston, Mom?" "When do you want me there?"

"Go for a walk, Mom?" "Let me find my sneakers!"

"Wine tasting at 10:30 am, Mom?" "Why not?"

She's got a big laugh and a huge heart, and therefore lots of friends and family who want her in their company  Having a get-together and need a guaranteed life-of-the-party? Call 1-800-DOROTHY.

4 comments:

  1. Now I know where you get your zest for life, Mike -- from your mom. What a beautiful tribute! As much as I like the photo of your mom on the slide, I love the one of the three (with Otis) of you together.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Flat out love everything about this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of love in this post. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I called that number and she didn't answer!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...