Thursday, July 15, 2010

Not real, but funny!

OK - I don't believe this exchange between an office secretary and an art designer actually happened. But I ran across this today and laughed out loud, so I figured it was blog-worthy. So without further ado, read on for "Clueless Secretary Prompts Hilarious Office Email Thread"



THE BACK STORY: Shannon (the secretary) has lost her cat and has asked David (the graphic designer) to help with a lost poster. This is their email correspondence...



From: Shannon Walkley

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 
9.15am

To: David Thorne

Subject: Poster



Hi. I opened the screen door yesterday and my cat got out and has been missing since then so I was wondering if you are not to busy you could make a poster for me. It has to be A4 and I will photocopy it and put it around my suburb this afternoon. This is the only photo of her I have she answers to the name Missy and is black and white and about 8 months old. missing on Harper street and my phone number.Thanks Shan.



From:David Thorne

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 
9.26am
To: Shannon Walkley

Subject: Re: Poster



Dear Shannon,
That is shocking news.
Although I have two clients expecting completed work this afternoon, I will, of course, drop everything and do whatever it takes to facilitate the speedy return of Missy.
Regards, David.



From: Shannon Walkley

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 
9.37am

To: David Thorne
Subject: Re: Re: Poster



yeah ok thanks. I know you dont like cats but I am really worried about mine. I have to leave at 1pm today.
 



From: David Thorne

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 10.17am

To: Shannon Walkley

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Poster



Dear Shannon,
I never said I don't like cats. Attached poster as requested.
Regards, David.






From: Shannon Walkley

Date: Monday 21 June 2010
10.24am

To: David Thorne

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poster

yeah thats not what I was looking for at all. it looks like a movie and how come the photo of Missy is so small?





From: David Thorne
Date: Monday 21 June 2010
10.28am

To: Shannon Walkley

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poster



Dear Shannon,
It's a design thing. The cat is lost in the negative space.
Regards, David.




From: Shannon Walkley

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 
10.33am

To: David Thorne
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poster



Thats just stupid. Can you do it properly please? I am extremely emotional over this and was up all night in tears. you seem to think it is funny. Can you make the photo bigger please and fix the text and do it in colour please. Thanks.


Read the rest of the exchange.


2 comments:

  1. This whole thing had me in tears. I haven't laughed like that since I had kids! Such a great post! Thanks for the laugh...I almost passed out from not breathing..awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy is hilarious. Have you read his other stuff? www.27bslash6.com

    My favorites are when he tried paying a creditor with a picture of a spider he drew in the paint program and his response to Shannon when she gets pissed about cleaning up the coffee cups.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...