Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My advice to President Obama

Dear President Obama:

You've had a rough time in the past few weeks. On top of all of the issues that you must deal with on a daily basis, you're now getting criticized from all sides about your handling of the BP crisis in the Gulf.

I don't want to pile on, but you are President of the United States, and when I see the stressed look on your face as you're dragged around the White House lawn by your puppy, I felt the need to offer some unsolicited advice.

Buy a SENSE-ible harness for Bo. It will change your life and making walking him a pleasure, not a tug-of-war. I know of what I speak. Our Portuguese Water Dog, Otis, who's now five years old and weighs in at 80 pounds (all sleek muscle), was a puller as a puppy. Even at eight weeks, he would pull on his traditional style leash and make those horrible choking noises as the collar pulled against his neck.

I went to Polka Dog Bakery, our local pet shop in Boston's South End and they recommended the SENSE-ible harness. As soon as it was fitted and slipped over his head, Otis stopped pulling immediately.

So may I humbly suggest that you go to Amazon right now and purchase the harness. It's only $24.99 (plus shipping and handling) and will change your life, and your relationship with Bo. But hurry...it seems that Amazon only has four "large" harnesses in stock!

If you have any questions, Mr. President, about the harness or the "care and feeding" of your Portuguese Water Dog, please leave me a comment below. I'd love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. Funny - He is so trying with the BP disaster - I hope there's an end/solution in sight.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...