Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Try this "old-fashioned" pork roast

I was watching Cook's Country on PBS over the weekend and saw them prepare a terrific-looking pork roast. (Thanks to Cooking with Kim for posting the recipe -- saves me a lot of re-keying.) The recipe takes all day to cook; in fact, you'll want to prepare it the day before you want to enjoy it because it needs to chill in the fridge overnight. But let me tell you -- it's worth it. Really tender, flavorful pork - it was perfect with our homemade coleslaw from the book "The Thrill of the Grill" and new baked beans recipe from The Barefoot Contessa.

4 comments:

  1. Mike...that looks **cking tasty...I don't eat pork....but I'll sure try that.

    On a different note - I made some killer organic chicken chow mein tonight - it was really good. I like organic cooking....at leat it makes me feel like I could enjoy my meal and have three martinis laced with organic acai! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks dee-lish! if you like pork and i certainly do, check this out...

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/pulled-pork-barbecue-recipe/index.html

    it's fantastic, some of the best i've had and you have to try the way he makes the corn... best i've ever had...

    now, how'd you find my little blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were the best baked beans I've ever made from scratch. (Actually, its the first time I've made baked beans from scratch.) I made them for our 4th of July feast, everyone loved them. So many flavors. Who would have thought of fresh ginger in baked beans?! YUM! Thanks for introducing me to Podrunner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked them, Peg. We made them again this week (a double-batch) as well as another roast pork as some friends from NH were visiting. Why mess with success? Now i need Podrunner more than ever!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...