Monday, August 9, 2010

Ship happens


These photos represent three more reasons why I love my terra firma. This container ship smashed into another vessel off India’s coast near Mumbai over the weekend. Thankfully, all 33 crew members were rescued and the more than 200 containers that fell into the ocean are being collected. But the ship is leaking oil and it's spreading toward the coast. To top things off, monsoon rains and strong winds are making things even more difficult. Did I mention you couldn’t pay me enough to be anywhere near this ship? I find these photos truly frightening…




1 comment:

  1. I love the ocean, in theory. I once had a discussion with a friend about what we'd want to happen if we fell into the ocean (we were by the Aquarium looking out at the water) we both agreed that we'd rather drown than live with the horrific memory of being helpless in the ocean. It truly is a frightening thought. I still like to eat things from the ocean though. That's how I "face my fears." ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...