Thursday, May 20, 2010

Facebook with a side of spam

Has anyone else been hacked on Facebook? My fingers are crossed that changing my Facebook account password will stop some spammer from sending out e-mails under my name to my online friends.

When it first happened on Wednesday, it was strange. Several folks contacted me to ask about the “Free Droid Event” I had invited them to. I had no idea what they were talking about, but figured it was just a fluke.

When it happened again today, it was embarrassing. Here’s the message that got e-mailed to all of my Facebook contacts:

Mike invited you to " Make a Baby on Facebook " on Wednesday, May 19 at 9:00pm.

So I apologize to everyone who got these obnoxious e-mails and thank those who told me about it. Several people counseled that changing my Facebook password would end this invasion. I guess we’ll know for sure in a couple of hours.

4 comments:

  1. Found this blog entry. I too had my account send out the "free droid event" to my facebook friends. The email was received Wed, May 19 at 11:58am.

    I have changed my Facebook password and that appears to of eliminated the messages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff: Thanks. The password change seems to have done the trick. I appreciate the message!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...