Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Here's the latest scoop

I know, I know -- two posts in a row about dog poop. But this this article caught my eye this morning. Seems residents of a high-end condo building in Baltimore are having a problem with owners who don't clean up after their dogs. So there's a proposal before the condo's board of directors that would require owners to pay $50 to have their dog's DNA analyzed.

All of the DNA samples would be collected by an outside laboratory. Then, all future unscooped dog poop in the yard could be analyzed against the samples on file. Voila -- the guilty dog (or more specifically, the guilty dog owner) would be identified and be fined $500.

"I feel like I'm living in a 'Seinfeld' episode," says one dog owner.

So what do you think? Have the folks behind this proposal gone off the deep end? If you lived there, would you support or fight this plan?

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mike - I wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and that it was nice to meet you (if only briefly) at the gym tonight. Pls. say hello next time you see me and I'll do the same. Good luck w/ the blog. I enjoyed reading about your efforts to share your photos with your parents - I can relate. Cool pics of Spain BTW...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - it's a hugh end condo - so yes - I would go for it! It's extreme but it may deter folk from leaving their dog poop around!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...