Thursday, May 13, 2010

Is that gold in your pocket...?

A cold bottle of Coke. Some Hostess Ho-Hos. And if I need some salt, a bag of Ranch Doritos. These are the things that I'll sometimes grab from the vending machine in the lunchroom of my office building. But kicking it up a few notches is a hotel in Abu Dhabi, where guests can grab one-, five-, and ten-gram bars of gold from lobby vending machine. The hotel manager said they wanted the hotel to be the first in the world to offer guests this "golden service." Mission accomplished, I guess. But what exactly do you do with a bar of gold in your pocket?

1 comment:

  1. I love golden nugget--they make great souvenirs, and in middle eastern countries they are given at weddings, parties, etc.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...