Saturday, December 11, 2010

The perfect gift for the busy executive

I had a little time to kill last night before visiting a friend on Boston’s South Shore. So do I go to the mall, or a Starbucks to overpay for some fancy holiday drink, or some posh little gift shop? Of course not! I saw a sign that says “Grand Re-Opening!” on the Family Dollar Store on Route 37 in Holbrook and pulled into the parking lot.

And yes, I did end up buying a few items: a pair of reading glasses ($6.00), a couple of small Christmas gift bags (50 cents each), a box of cinnamon graham crackers ($1.40), and just because chocolate milk suddenly sounded so good to me, a plastic squeeze bottle of Hershey’s syrup ($1.50).

The one thing I didn’t buy, however, was this deluxe 7” Executive Ashtray, made right here in the U.S. of A. And get this – this particular ashtray, a steal at $1.50, is BURN RESISTANT! Yup, says so right on the box! And it’s DISHWASHER SAFE! What well-heeled busy executive wouldn’t want one of these ashtrays on their desk? Comes in two fun colors: red (plastic) and black (plastic). And did I mention that it’s just $1.50? But supplies are limited: run to the Family Dollar Store. As of last night, there were ONLY TWO LEFT! HURRY!!!!!!!!!



3 comments:

  1. Well gosh. If I were and executive and a smoker I would just have to have one. Or two! One for home and one for the office!

    BTW, why is nothing in the "dollar" store a dollar? Of all the items you mentioned, not one of them was a dollar. Isn't that like false advertising or something? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's what I want for Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the reading glasses are expensive. They're only a dollar at our dollar store.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...