Sunday, February 5, 2012

Is there a big football game today?

I heard there’s an important football game taking place today. Hope it’s not on the same time as the Madonna concert…

So I went into work early this morning, trying to wrap up loose ends before our trip to New Zealand (five days and counting until we leave). And because I needed to treat myself for getting up early on a Sunday and going into the office, I stopped at the local Dunkin’ Donuts for a large cup of joe and a bagel with peanut butter. If I were REALLY treating myself, I would have gotten a Patriots-themed donut (red, white and blue frosting, doncha know?).

As I was waiting for my bagel to be toasted, a young guy stepped up to the counter next to me. “What can I get you?” asked the nice lady in the pink and orange smock. “I’ll have an extra large iced coffee with two Splenda, one sugar, and a turbo shot. And I’ll have two chocolate glazed donuts.”

Sounds like a chemistry experiment. And the way he ordered it - so robotic, so practiced - led me to believe that this was his "regular" order, every morning. As Jackie Gleason would say, “How sweet it is!”

2 comments:

  1. ...and in a bit, he'll be chugging his 5 hour energy drink after he sugar crashes. ....and he's pre-diabetic and pre-hypertensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sugar fried cakes of death vs. chemistry food. Take yer pick.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...